Orchard® Pathology can be utilized as a standalone AP system or a single system that includes clinical and molecular. A shared database used by various diagnostic disciplines provides access to the patient’s entire history and enables the consolidation of clinical, cytology, and pathology results on reports. Image management tools make it easy to link digital images, annotated diagrams, and scanned documents to case worksheets and incorporate them onto patient reports. Data is stored in discrete fields to enhance EHR integration and simplify synoptic reporting, data mining, and analytics. Users are able to eliminate the manual system of audit trails and paper files, thereby improving efficiency and enabling pathology laboratories to more easily meet quality metrics and patient safety goals.
Explore our features
Round Table Discussions: The Future of the Lab in Healthcare (April, 2015)
In a collaborative effort to discuss the future of the laboratory in healthcare, Bob McGonnagle, Publisher of CAP Today, gathered with Orchard Software executives: Curt Johnson, Chief Operating Officer, Matt Modleski, VP of Business Development, and Dr. Mick Glant, Medical Director. This series of “round table discussions” was recorded in the first quarter of 2015 and edited into a series of short videos on various topics surrounding the laboratory, informatics, analytics, and the future of healthcare.
- Introduction: Welcome
- Segment 1: The Importance of Integrating Lab Data to Save Downstream Costs
- Segment 2: Test Utilization vs. Test Optimization
- Segment 3: How Will Labs and AP Change
- Segment 4: Impact of Lab Information – Antibiotic Stewardship – Integration of Lab Data
- Segment 5: What Does the Future Hold – Diagnostic Database or EHR – Protocol Driven Medicine
- Segment 6: Perspective on Current Outlook of Pathologists
- Segment 7: Perspective on the Future of the Laboratory
- Segment 8: Orchard’s New Pathology-Lab Leader School – Helping Pathologists Learn Analytic Language
- Segment 9: Orchard Sequoia – What It Is – What It Will Do
Analyze This: Data Shines Within and Without
Laboratories are using the power of data analytics for both internal advancements, and to achieve external organization-wide improvements. Innovative labs are responding to healthcare’s shift to a value-based focus by using and combining their data to improve patient care and reduce inappropriate spending. Pathologist, Dr. Brimhall, Orchard’s Director of Medical Analytics, shares some of his analytics projects with CAP Today.
CAP Today | November 2015