Efficient Workflow Management Supports Quality Assurance & Patient Safety
Orchard Pathology offers sophisticated workflow support tools and superior data mining capabilities to support quality assurance metrics and patient safety efforts.
Advanced Workflow Tools
- Digital pending lists
- AP web application
- Bar code-driven, configurable workflow
- Rules-defined workflow pathways based upon specimen requirements, testing modalities, and client service needs
- Monitor turnaround times and utilization in real time
Automate Accurate Billing to Maximize Reimbursements
Orchard Pathology incorporates the ability to automate accurate billing processes using standard industry-supported coding systems to maximize reimbursements and simplify the billing process.
- Support for CPT, ICD-10, and SNOMED CT codes
- User-defined billing rules
- Multiple options for data entry to ensure consistency
- Adaptable worksheet templates
Synoptic Reporting Support to Meet Regulatory Requirements
Orchard Pathology stores and produces discrete data that enables synoptic reporting and template configuration based on established protocols.
Discrete, Structured Data
- Enables HL7 interfacing, advanced data mining, and concise patient report formatting
- Allows advanced data mining that helps users meet registry reporting requirements
Create Multi-discipline Reports
- Uses a common database that can be utilized as a standalone AP system or a single system—incorporates clinical and molecular testing data
- Create multi-discipline patient reports that include a comprehensive presentation of results from all laboratory disciplines
Pathology-specific Workflow Options
Patient Safety & Specimen Tracking Built In
- Bar coded case materials & interfacing
- Cassette and slide printers integration ensure the right patient record is accessed during each workflow step
- Bar coded case materials allow bi-directional communication with histology and molecular instruments
- Specimen tracking options through all phases of testing
- Real-time pending lists can be configured to include turnaround time—acting as a visual “snapshot” of specimens in progress
- Digital archive of long-term sample storage concisely documents specimen locations
Lab-administered System Configuration
- High level of configurability and decision-support technology
- Advanced metrics and system-wide configurability in the laboratory’s hands
- On-demand digitized audit trails
"Sure, we can connect that."
Want to Know More?
Contact us to learn how Orchard Pathology can improve your laboratory workflow and support patient care initiatives!