Users who have completed their installation of the Orchard Outreach Integrated Laboratory Network application and have a solid working knowledge of HL7
Orchard Outreach Integration I is considered advanced-level training. Prior experience with Orchard Outreach and a solid working knowledge of HL7 are required to attend.
Continuing Education/Contact Hours
Orchard Software Corporation is approved as a provider of continuing education (C.E.) programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCP Board of Certification.
This training course is approved for 17.0 total contact hours (17.0 CMP points/17.0 CMLE credits).
You will receive a Certificate of Participation upon completion of this course.
This integration training class is designed to assist you with learning the necessary concepts and skills required to configure and manage the interfaces in your Orchard Outreach system.
The training includes lectures, activities, and hands-on exercises in the Orchard training database.
At the end of the training, you will be provided a link to an online Training Evaluation. The feedback received from this evaluation is used to improve the course.
- HL7 Basics: HL7 message types and their construction, specific data elements in messages, order message sub-types.
- Interface Configuration: Basic Orchard Outreach interface configuration, connectivity methods for Orchard Outreach interfaces, the purpose of Orchard Mapper, dictionaries/compendiums that require definition, and issues with mapping between Orchard Outreach and external systems.
- Orchard Outreach Tables: Setup required within Orchard Outreach tables and other settings.
- Orchard Outreach Maintenance & Troubleshooting: User interfaces, logs, and queues.
- Query Tool: Basic tool to query the Orchard Outreach database with standard SQL statements.
- HL7 Browser Export: Exporting Orchard Outreach HL7 files through a browser into a .zip file.
- Message Forwarding: Used to send messages from one host to another.
- Outbound ADT: Configuring Orchard Outreach to send ADT message outbound from a host.
- Export/Import Host Configurations: Basic setup for a host to be exported to an external XML file.
- Event Notifications: Generate notifications based off of events that occur with the interfaces.